European Regions for Growth: the opportunity of cloud computing
Removing barriers to boost cloud computing opportunities, letting our industries and SMEs grow and better compete inside and outside the European Union.
A recent research of Fondazione ResPublica show that the Member States of E.U. that will gain the most from the adoption of cloud computing in terms of SMEs growth are Italy, Spain and Portgual. This is due to the high presence of small SMEs in their enterprises ecosystem
. Cloud computing can reduce IT costs, allowing enterprises and administrations to concentrate more on their core businesses and increase their efficiency due to the more flexible use of IT resources. It is therefore vital to discuss about this technological revolution and the way it can be managed to increase privacy and security.
Our event on the 3 May, aims at fostering discussions around the benefits of cloud computing for enterprises and public administrations.
The three regions, Italy, Spain and Portugal will have the opportunity to share with us their best practices on cloud computing adoption and the way they can benefit from cloud implementation. Moreover, they will also start the debate about the legal and administrative aspects that are required in order to support the European industries compete better inside and outside E.U. borders.
The agenda includes:
• Lorenzo Dellai, President of Regione Trentino Alto Adige
• Gianni Pittella, VP European Parliament
• Ramon Luis Valcarcel, President of Murcia Region
Panel discussion with EU Regions' Presidents
• Mercedes Bresso, President of COR EU
• John Vassallo, VP & AGC at Microsoft
Selected Presidents of Regions
• Italy => Regione Calabria, Mr. Giuseppe Scopelliti
• Portugal => Municipality of Port, Mr. Rui Rio
• Spain => Catalonia Region, Mr. Joan Prat i Coll
EU Presidents Q&A, coordinated by
• Ernesto Somma, Director of PORE, Italian Department of Regional Affairs
• José Pascual Marco Martinez, Deputy Permanent Representative of Spain to the European Union
• Antonio Tajani, VP European Commission