Youth, the key to Europe’s future
14 million European young people are not in employment, education or training, and at the same time thousands of jobs remain unfilled.
During the high-level event ‘Youth, the key to Europe’s future’ governments, nonprofit organizations, businesses as well as the young generation will discuss how to empower youth and thus the competitiveness of the European Union. Investing in technology, skills & training is front and center to Europe’s ability to innovate, drive sustainable growth and enhance workforce employability.
We had the hounour of signing the Memorandum of Understanding with Telecentre Europe, European Youth Forums and Junior Achievement. Read the press release here.
10:30 - 11:00 Registration and welcome coffee
11:00 - 11:45 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
11:45 - 12:30 PANEL DISCUSSION: Rising to the challenge – perspectives from European youth, moderated by Jan Muehlfeit, Chairman of Microsoft Europe
- Androulla Vassiliou, European Commissioner responsible for Education, Culture, Multilingualism and Youth
- Brad Smith, Microsoft General Counsel and Executive Vice President, Legal and Corporate Affairs
- Rafel Kramza, President, Information Society Development Foundation (FRSI), Poland
- Mohammed Rohim, Trustee, UK Youth and Founder of Extra Thinking Capacity International Social Enterprise
- Giuseppe Porcaro, Secretary General European Youth Forum
12:30 - 13:15 INTERVENTIONS: How to evolve the educational systems to meet future needs? Introduced by Regina Murray
- Jonathan Barr, Policy Analyst OECD
Regina Murray, Senior Director Education, Microsoft Western Europe
- Maija Kokare, Senior Education Specialist at Riga Region Municipality and a researcher at the University of Latvia
13:15 - 14:15 Networking lunch and technology showcase: You will have the chance to meet some of the youngest European entrepreneurs and discover their technology solutions.
14:15 - 15:00 PANEL DISCUSSION: Is entrepreneurship in Europe the answer? Moderated by Jan Muehlfeit, Chairman of Microsoft Europe
- Detlef Eckert, Directorate General for Employment, European Commission
- Caroline Jenner, CEO of JA-YE
- Bruno Wattenburgh, MBI, COO of the Brussels Enterprise Agency
- Matthieu Delage, President of JADE
15:00 - 16:00 PANEL DISCUSSION: How are Member States responding to the educational skilling challenge? Moderated by Dorothee Belz, Microsoft Associate General Council, Europe
- Ciarán Cannon, Irish Minister of State, Department of Education & Skills
- Anneli Rautiainen, Counselor of Education, Head of Unit, Pre and Basic Education, Finnish National Board of Education
- Anastasia Economou, Head of the Educational Technology Department of the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute
- Maria Badía i Cuchet, MEP
- Sabine Verheyen, MEP
16:00 - 17:00 Closing speech and reception
Interviews from the 'Youth, the key to Europe's future' event: